Treasury Assistant -The Role
Fresh People are currently recruiting for a Treasury Assistant on behalf of our Fresh Produce client to join the Finance team based in Sittingbourne supporting our clients suppliers and all companies within the group
The Person – Finance or Accounting Degree qualified , must have previous treasury experience as you will be required to maintain financial records, manage money, and help manage cash flow. Maintain financial records, including budget preparation, expense tracking, and financial reporting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank reconciliation.
- Manage Group bank accounts, banking relationships and covenants:
- Ensure cash availability for all working capital requirements within all entities and currencies.
- Work closely with the Purchase Ledger Controller and Sales Ledger Controller to co-ordinate working capital requirements.
- Manage Group currency requirements and FX contracts
- Ensure availability of foreign cash for all supplier payments by management of FX contracts.
- Manage foreign currency bank payments and monitor FX exposure. Manage, monitor, and update Group bank mandates and delegated authorities for bank payments:
- Monitoring and maintenance of the Group’s delegated authorities for bank payments to reflect staff and organization changes.
- Monitoring and maintenance of external bank mandates to ensure that they reflect the delegated authorities and internal organisation.
- Ensure that the Group’s delegated authorities for payments, bank mandates and the authorised signatory and Point of Contact lists are implemented in day-to-day payments processing. Manage Group bank facilities and financial instruments:
- Processing of investment related transactional payments to financing partners ensuring payments are valid and reconciled within framework of defined banking facility.
- Processing of non-investment related payments including accounts payable payment runs and expense runs on BACS, SEPA and Priority, corporation tax, VAT and other ad hoc payments.
- Ensure all payments are approved in accordance with the Group’s mandates and delegated Authorities.
- Daily monitoring of cash balances and at least weekly bank reconciliation controls.
- Mapping/categorisation of actual bank transactions in HSBC’s Cash Flow Forecasting tool Manage cash efficiently ensuring that excess cash is placed and invested to earn a return whilst being available for all working capital requirements. Assisting with the production of regular cash forecasts – weekly, monthly & annually.
- To monitor cash balances against forecast and to report variances against Budget. Maintaining the Group’s Treasury and Cash Management Policy and ensuring that it is embedded in the day-to-day execution of treasury and cash management activities.
If you have the experience our client is looking for then get in touch today we look forward to receiving your CV