The Role – Technical Manager
At Fresh People we are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to support the Commercial and Procurement Team for our client a market leader in the sourcing and distribution of Fresh Produce based around the Sittingbourne location in Kent . In this role you will be required to maintain relationships between growers, stakeholders and suppliers supporting our clients Commercial and Procurement team
Suitable candidates must have experience of working previously as a Technical Manager within the Fresh Produce or Food Manufacturing Industry to be considered for this role
- Build upon the ongoing relationships with the suppliers and the clients commercial team
- Ensure that all aspects of product quality, where customer specifications are being compromised, are effectively communicated to the Directors of the business providing recommendations
- Manager customer complaints and record the action plans suggested for improvement in the event of a rejection
- Ensure that all product is used effectively and efficiently to optimize profit for the business
- Ensure specs on Tesco Quality Connect are complete and relevant to what is being supplied, with connected product records created
- Provide recommendations during the daily production meetings.
- Take responsibility for managing the preparation of product for benchmarking and ad hoc sample requests, carrying out trial work as required .
- Complete reports from technical visits on next steps required
- Communicate to suppliers and the technical team end of season reviews documenting overall quality, improvements required
- Complete the weekly trackers for the customers and any other technical documents
- Ensure that Brandbank is up to date with images of the products
- Work to support the implementation and continual development of Business Objects
- Capture details weekly of competitor exotics offer on coconuts, mango, and pomegranates to ensure that Tesco are aware of and aligned with the market where appropriate.
- Ensure specs on TQC are complete and relevant to what is being supplied.
- Ensure that all due diligence is collated, maintained and compliant for all your category in supply and ASL are produced and accurate.
- Manage the Quality improvement plan for each product area that you are solely responsible for
- Successfully identify technical projects to introduce innovation to the business.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Packaging teams to deliver the best new and existing product development
If this role describes you and your experience and this matches your career aspirations for the future then reach out today we look forward to hearing from you