The Role – Quality & Ripening Controller
Fresh People are currently looking to recruit a Quality & Ripening Controller for our client a Fresh Produce Global Business based in Dartford in Kent . In this role you will be required to assess and report product quality from intake to dispatch, including the ripening of product and all associated quality processes.
Suitable candidates must have a Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Fresh Produce / Quality function. An excellent communicator with the ability to identify problems and help resolve with the ability to work effectively at all levels obtaining overall team objectives and KPI’s reporting into Quality & Compliance Manager. Good Microsoft Office skills essential with an understanding of Microsoft D365 with the ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, and commitment to complete tasks correctly the first time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out checks and report quality at inloading, ripening, production, dispatch.
- Manage the ripening regimes and report performance against defined quality and technical KPI’s.
- Complete ripening guides and daily loading schedules.
- Complete shelf life and accelerated ripening trials, reporting results.
- Work closely with the Quality & Compliance Manager, Technical and Production teams to understand customer quality performance and take action accordingly.
- Highlight quality performance at grower level, identify trends and help develop improvement ideas.
- Guide and support the packhouse on product handling and product management.
- Assess stock quality to ensure product returns are maximised through appropriate stock rotation and usage.
- Equipment calibration.
- Assist with technical ripening trials.
- Prepare customer samples.
If this role describes your experience to date and you are looking for a new opportunity with an exciting Global Fresh Produce business then please reach out today to discuss the role in more detail