The Role – Transport Coordinator
Fresh People are looking to recruit a Transport Coordinator for a Large Food Manufacturing operation based in East London where you will be responsible for managing and monitoring safety, performance and compliance tasks within the Transport department. Supporting the safe delivery and/or collection of all goods to/from our customers and in accordance with all legal and company requirements. Working 4 on 4 off on Day Shift
- Must have previous experience working in Transport Logistics Operations within a Blue Chip , RDC or FMCG operation
- 2-4 years’ supervisory experience level required
- General understanding of Transport legal compliance.
- PC literate, Microsoft Office and capable of using transport scheduling packages
- Good numeracy and literacy skills .
- The energy and determination to set the standards and drive quality.
- A strong customer focus, always willing to go the extra mile to deliver a good service.
- Able to make effective decisions in a fast paced environment.
The Role Requirements
- Transport Audit Lead on site with the FTA , Annual FTA audit, tachograph management
- Responsible for Working Time Directive inputs, infringement & legal compliance reporting , feeding back directly to drivers & Transport Managers & FLM’s
- Responsible for Driving hours and WTD compliance, incident & defect reporting standards
- Review for Workshop inspection paperwork
- Ensure Fuel efficient driving and route planning is adopted by the team
- Agency driver management with timesheet collation and payroll systems input accuracy.
- Support the Transport scheduling KPI’s by making best use of the scheduling systems.
- Log all service issues (Issue Management Logs) ensure all addressed promptly and where appropriate, escalated, as required.
- Support FLM’s with the delivery of the ‘Safety First’ message.
- Hazard, accident and near miss reporting of all drivers, transport coordinators along with health assessment compliance
- Build and develop effective relationships with other teams on site to achieve optimal performance
- Provide management cover for the FLM in their absence
If you have previous experience working as a Transport Coordinator or Supervisor predominantly in Food , an RDC or in an FMCG environment previously then reach out today we would look forward to hearing from you