Technical Compliance Assistant
Fresh People are currently recruiting for a Technical Compliance Assistant for our client a Fresh Produce Business based in Sittingbourne in Kent . Working with the Commercial, Procurement, and Technical managers and global suppliers you will be required to coordinate due diligence to ensure all the products sourced are safe and legal .
Suitable candidates would ideally be from a Fresh Produce background , with the knowledge of the technical compliance preferably surrounding food safety and quality or have gained experience within auditing or from a previous Technical Administrative role , must have excellent communication skills both written and spoken, would consider a Food Safety or Quality graduate for this role
- Assist the Group Technical Director, Group Head of Responsible Sourcing and Senior Technical Compliance Manager with technical compliance to product safety, quality and legality.
- Lead due diligence compliance administration for the clients internal and customer due diligence (DD) platforms. Complete all administrative tasks daily to maintain compliancy and up to date Approved Supplier Lists in line with my clients targets.
- Ensure that food safety, ethical and environmental due diligence uploaded to online platforms is accurate and maintained to achieve full compliancy. Complete weekly compliancy KPI reporting and identify areas to prioritise and close compliancy gaps.
- Support the Technical Compliance Coordinators to arrange daily residue sample requests.
- Support the Technical Compliance Coordinators to collate, monitor and maintain accurate due diligence records for all sources prior to and in supply. This may include, but not exclusive to Global Gap, TN11, PPPL, SEDEX, SMETA and Organic certification. Complete and update any customer approval documentation accurately share with my clients Technical managers to send to customers where required.
- Complete the TN11 producer confirmation process, Global Gap Bookmarking of suppliers on the global gap database.
- Work closely with the Technical Compliance Coordinators to maintain the master sendac supplier and grower code database, create new codes for new suppliers/growers and issue a monthly report to highlight grower code ‘XML’ gaps.
- Work closely with the Technical Compliance Coordinators to maintain the master technical supplier contact list and supplier contact cards for each category.
- Ensure your knowledge of customer requirements for responsible sourcing (food safety, ethical, environmental, and auditing) is in line with customer policies for each product and country of origin.
- Update M&S Connect and Tesco TQC portal as and when required
- Aim to support the my clients objectives and own personal objectives as required.
- Support both the compliance and wider Technical Team to respond to any administration requests.
- In the event of absence support the DD requirements for other categories as required.
- Collate compliance data for end of season reviews (EOS) and Quality Value Innovation Service (QVIS) reviews for your categories.
- Perform recall and traceability exercises as requested
If this role is one that you feel would demonstrate your current skillset or if you are a Graduate from Food Safety or Quality then we would like to hear from you today