The Role – Sourcing Manager – Fresh Produce
My client a Fresh Produce Global Leader based in Dartford is currently looking to recruit a Sourcing Manager for their operation, in this role you will be required to develop and deliver the company sourcing strategy alongside the sourcing director. Manage the development, evaluation, implementation, administration, reporting and coordination of the sourcing function from farm to customer.
Suitable candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of prior work experience in Sourcing and/or Inventory, preferably in a perishable industry. With excellent communication skills at all levels fluent in English & preferably Spanish . Experienced using Microsoft Dynamics 365 would be beneficial & Microsoft Office applications , particularly Excel with the ability to develop and implement competitive initiative across departments, work independently with the ability to evaluate trends
- • Develop, communicate and maintain a coordinated sourcing mission and strategy.
- Identify and develop performance measurement tools to analyse sourcing plans, customer supply, packhouse activity and profitability.
- Build bridges between supply, demand, production and sales.
- Work closely with the sales and supply chain teams to ensure all sales volumes are supplied and pre-planned accounting for any external factors such as vessel changes.
- Development and implementation of policies, programs, processes and systems which optimise the service, safety, quality and cost elements of the sourcing function.
- Lead the sourcing aspects of the business with the supply chain team for inventory management / ordering, vendor compliance, procurement, profitability, packing and logistics.
- Assist in the development and administration of inventory management strategies, policies and practices
- Control, understand and challenge the end-to-end cost chain from harvest to customer sale.
- Consignment valuation, record keeping and reporting on all purchases
- Develop an effective recovery program that ensures any surplus product on hand is managed in the best financial manner and reported early.
- Develop and report sourcing plans by country of origin against market needs to ensure you are securing the right product at the right time for the market to maximise returns.
- Proactively communicate daily and weekly product needs according to fruit size, pack, grade, label requirements, country of origin, volume, changes and any potential changes.
- Manage and review financial performance to maximise returns. Communication with suppliers with pre-purchase guideline prices (or fixed price) followed by regular market / anticipated return updates Vs. plan to ensure there is full transparency with the supplier through the buying cycle.
- Participate in corporate planning to target future cost savings
- Track market reports and country of origin estimates to anticipate customer needs, changes in the market and any impact this may have
- Evaluate grower performance through review of reports and customer feedback, resolve issues and implement solutions to address any potential negative grower performance.
- Ensure compliance with laws and assist suppliers to be compliant against the requirements.
If you have the experience and knowledge required for this role then we would like to hear from you today