The Role – Senior Quality & Ripening Controller
Fresh People are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quality & Ripening Controller for our client a Fresh Produce Global business at their new facility based in Dartford in Kent . In this role you will
Assess and report product quality from intake to dispatch, including the ripening of product and all associated quality processes.
Suitable candidates must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Fresh Produce or a Quality function , ideally with an understanding of Microsoft D365. Must have good problem solving skills with a strong ability to identify problems as they arise, able to work to tight deadlines and simultaneously managing several projects. Leadership capabilities with excellent communication skills
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Deputize for the Quality & Compliance Manager as necessary.
- Carry out checks and report quality at in loading, ripening, production, dispatch.
- Manage the ripening regimes and report performance against defined quality and technical KPI’s.
- Complete ripening guides and daily loading schedules.
- Complete shelf life and accelerated ripening trials, reporting results.
- Work closely with the Quality & Compliance Manager, Technical and Production teams to understand customer quality performance and take action accordingly.
- Highlight quality performance at grower level, identify trends and help develop improvement ideas.
- Guide and support the packhouse on product handling and product management.
- Assess stock quality to ensure product returns are maximized through appropriate stock rotation and usage.
- Equipment calibration.
- Assist with technical ripening trials and prepare customer samples.
If you have the experience we are looking for then get in touch today we look forward to hearing from you