|Production Shift Manager |
Fresh people are currently looking to recruit a Production Shift Manager for a Fresh Produce Service Provision Operation based in Teynham in Kent . In this role you will lead and manage all aspects of Production within the section to deliver an effective and efficient operation against daily and shift targets and plans whilst providing a centre of excellence approach.
To manage the Line Leaders ensuring that quality and health & safety standards are achieved and maintained and that Line Teams are trained in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety Procedures and Product Specifications.
Suitable candidates need to have worked in Fresh produce or FMCG in a similar role and have experience of leading a fresh produce or food production operation , very labour intensive with high volumes , must be quality focused , be experienced in setting and delivering KPI’s with a knowledge of Top Seal , Flow Wrap or Punnet machinery . Must have excellent interpersonal skills , be results focused , have the ability to work in a pressurised environment with good planning and organisational skills
· To manage pack times against the Production Plan ensuring that products have been unloaded, labelled, palletised and transferred to the relevant areas.
· Meet Section Managers to effectively plan and manage resourcing across all lines within the packhouse.
· Manage the Line Leaders to achieve daily output, yield, packing efficiency and quality requirements for each product run, ensuring that out-load times and volumes are achieved at all times.
· Identify any training needs within your team and liaise with the training team to address these gaps.
· Monitor pack rates against targets and pro-actively look for ways to make the business more efficient.
· Ensure that all operational matters are owned and resolved efficiently and in line with all legal requirements
· To engage and coordinate in preventive maintenance schedules and continuous improvements.
· To coach and develop direct reports in people management activities and ensure that appraisals are carried out for all employees within the given timescales.
· In conjunction with planning teams schedule day to day packing operations to achieve the operational KPI’s
· To work alongside other Managers to ensure communication, best practice and efficiency is continually reviewed and improved upon.
· To ensure that the highest standards of safety, hygiene and housekeeping, is maintained and that the required levels of training is achieved and that Company standards and procedures are followed at all times.
· Ensure that all BRC requirements for the site are met and adhered to and that the site is kept to an auditable standard at all times.
If this role describes you and your current skill set and if you are looking for a new opportunity then send your CV over to us for consideration today