The Role – Production QC
Fresh People are currently recruiting for a Production QC for our client a Fresh Produce Service provider based around the Sittingbourne location on a 4 on 4 off shift rota . The role is to ensure all produce dispatched from the site meets all customer requirements of safety, quality and legality.
Suitable candidates must have worked previously as a QC and have Fresh Produce working Knowledge or have worked within a packhouse environment, have excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to work to deadlines within a fast-paced working environment. Must have good written and verbal skills, be results focused, with attention to detail within a customer focused environment.
- To ensure all product packaging meets the customer’s and legal standards, whilst ensuring the correct packaging is being used as per the customers requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of each customers labelling and packaging specifications.
- Ensure accuracy of date coding, barcoding and all other pack and outer case labels information is correct.
- Raw material checks
- Collect shelf-life samples.
- Set up quality standards on the line before productions starts.
- Ensure that all non-conforming product information is quickly communicated to line supervisors and managers to minimise any downtime.
- To changeover between products effectively, safely and hygienically in accordance with Company and Customer procedures.
- To work efficiently and effectively ensuring that you contribute to the daily Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the department as set by the Quality Control Manager and the needs of the business.
- To maintain high levels of health, safety, hygiene and housekeeping to BRC, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
This list is not exhaustive, and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the position as required.
Measure of Performance/Key Deliverables:
- Achievement of KPI’s
- Team contribution
- Achievement of customer service levels
- Timekeeping & attendance
- Accuracy of Work
- Health & Safety compliance
- Quality Service Level
If this role describes your experience and you’re looking to work for an amazing employer within Fresh Produce who invests in their people, then we would like to hear from you today