The Role – Operations Manager
Fresh people are currently recruiting for a Senior Operations Manager for their client a Fresh Produce Service provider based in Essex . You will be required to lead and manage the Operational team as a whole to deliver an effective and efficient operation against daily and weekly targets and plans whilst ensuring quality and health & safety standards are achieved and maintained and that all staff in the operation are trained in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety Procedures and Product Specifications.
Candidates must be minimum of 5 years previous experience working as an Operations Manager for a minimum of 5 years within Fresh Produce preferably or Food Manufacturing .In this role you will be required to manage the whole of the operation to ensure operational excellence and standards are maintained in line with company SOP’s
- Lead and manage the Operational team as a whole including, Production, Warehouse, Stock Control & Packaging & In-house Print capabilities, Maintenance and Facility Teams, Quality & H&S Standards across the business .
- To ensure that all budgetary controls under your area of responsibility are managed in line with P&L
- Responsible for costs against budget for your area of responsibility
- Manage all business unit KPI’s
- Coach and develop direct reports and oversee the implementation of a training & development reviewing overall performance to maximise efficiency
- Overall responsibility for agency spend
- Coordinate the teams across the operation to ensure all areas of the business are fully manned and rota’s and shift patterns for all employees are approved.
- Undertake performance reviews for direct reports and ensure that all PDPs for the production team are carried out
- Lead the Warehouse Team to deliver a quality focused efficient picking operation on a daily basis , ensuring pick rates are measured against industry targets.
- Deliver all products within the agreed time windows to achieve maximum DOT’s.
- Manage quality to ensure minimum waste whist maximising yields. Co-ordinate with the quality control team to minimise internal rejections.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of the stocks department minimising stock discrepancies and achieve 100% stock accuracy.
- Manage all auditable data for the operation within appropriate timescales.
- To ensure any health & safety and people management issues are identified and managed in line with company standards
- Foster a culture of can do attitude whilst ensuring all day to day tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Deliver an industry leading ERP system led operation ensuring that all it users are trained to maximise efficiencies.
If you feel you have the relevant Operations Manager looking for a more Senior Operations Role as this positions rewquires then please send over to us your CV for consideration today