The Role – Head of Operations
Fresh people are currently recruiting for a Head of Operations for their client a Fresh Produce Service provider based in Essex . You will be required to lead and manage the Operational team as a whole to deliver an effective and efficient operation against daily and weekly targets and plans whilst ensuring quality and health & safety standards are achieved and maintained and that all staff in the operation are trained in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety Procedures and Product Specifications.
Candidates must be currently in a Senior Operational or GM role for a minimum of 5 years with experience of working in Fresh Produce preferably, Food Manufacturing or FMCG . P&L accountable with previous exposure to a fast paced service provision facility. Must be capable of building the future leaders for the business , capable of building internal and external colleague and supplier relationships whilst managing the whole of the operation and its departments in line with company strategy & budgets.
- Lead and manage the Operational team as a whole including, Production, Warehouse, Stock Control & Packaging & In-house Print capabilities, Maintenance and Facility Teams, Quality & H&S Standards across the business .
- To ensure that all budgetary controls under your area of responsibility are managed and ensure that the weekly P&L is in line with and planned to exceed budgetary expectations.
- To monitor costs against budget for your area of responsibility and pro-actively look for ways of making the operation more efficient and achieving cost reduction.
- Manage all business unit KPI’s, track and share with the wider business unit as required
- To coach and develop direct reports and oversee the implementation of a training & development to assist in succession planning.
- Monitoring rates structures, reviewing overall performance to maximise efficiency
- Overall responsibility for agency spend and performance ensuring that the correct procedures and levels of compliance are adhered to at all times
- Coordinate the teams across the operation to ensure all areas of the business are fully manned and rota’s and shift patterns for all employees are approved.
- Undertake performance reviews for direct reports and ensure that all PDPs for the production team are undertaken and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Lead the Warehouse Team to deliver a quality focused efficient picking operation on a daily basis , ensuring pick rates are measured against industry targets.
- Deliver all products within the agreed time windows to achieve maximum DOT’s.
- Manage quality to ensure minimum waste whist maximising yields. Co-ordinate with the quality control team to minimise internal rejections.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of the stocks department minimising stock discrepancies and achieve 100% stock accuracy.
- Manage all auditable data for the operation within appropriate timescales.
- To ensure all health & safety and people management issues are identified and referred or handled in line with business policy and procedure to safeguard employees, operational areas and the business.
- Foster a culture of can do attitude whilst ensuring all day to day tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Deliver an industry leading ERP system led operation ensuring that all it users are trained to maximise efficiencies.
If you feel you have the relevant senior management experience for this position then please send over to us your CV for consideration today