Night Warehouse Supervisor
Fresh People are currently looking to recruit a Night Shift Warehouse Supervisor for our client a Fresh Produce Service Provider based near Sittingbourne Kent. Reporting into the Warehouse Operations Manager you will be required to lead the Warehouse operation, on a 4 on 4 off shift basis, ensuring that both a safe and quality focused effective and efficient operation is delivered against target and that the daily warehouse and picking operations are managed successfully in line with customer and company service levels.
Reporting into the Warehouse Manager , suitable candidates must have excellent communication skills with internal and external customers , had previous supervisory experience preferably within the Fresh Produce or Similar sector . Must be capable of working to tight deadlines whilst managing KPI’s. Previously been responsible for the Warehouse Operatives whilst on shift ensuring that quality and health & safety standards were achieved and maintained at all times in line with company requirements . Excellent English & Maths and working knowledge if Prophet system would be advantageous .
- Supervise all operatives to manage the overall warehouse and pick performance against the Delivery Plan ensuring accuracy of pick and transferral of products to the relevant storage or loading areas.
- To Manage the Warehouse Operatives (including admin and systems) to achieve daily output, picking efficiency and quality requirements for each delivery, ensuring all delivery schedules are achieved.
- Monitor pick rates against targets and pro-actively look for ways to make the business more efficient, minimising errors
- Minimising warehouse errors by conducting pick location checks and carrying out random pick pallet checks
- Coordinate preventive maintenance schedules and site/warehouse improvements.
- Coach, develop and train Warehouse Operatives in all activities and implement personal development and training plans for the Warehouse Operation.
- Manage the daily operational KPI’s and assist in the delivery of a Continuous Improvement Plan for the Warehouse Operation.
- Work alongside other Supervisors to ensure communication, best practice and efficiency is continually reviewed and improved.
- To ensure that the highest standards of safety, hygiene and housekeeping, is maintained and that the required levels of training is achieved.
- To support the Management Team on all BRC requirements for the site and ensure the Operation adheres to the demands of this.
- Support the forward planning of labour and agency workers, as required.
- Ensure that all people issues are dealt with efficiently and effectively in line with Company Policy.
If this role is a match for your skills right now then we would like to hear from you , please register your interest with us today