The Role – Lead IT Support Engineer
Fresh People are currently recruiting for a Lead IT Support Engineer for their client a Fresh Produce Service provider based in Sittingbourne, Kent. The purpose of the role is to oversee the day-to-day Support Service, to ensure issues and requests are resolved within agreed SLA’s. This role will assume responsibility for areas including, but not limited to management and documentation, users, incident, infrastructure, mobile devices, network, software and assets. The position is a blend of technical hands-on support as part of the team as well as day-to-day line management responsibilities.
Candidate Qualifications and Skills:
Suitable candidates must have previous IT infrastructure and service desk experience working with and through end users, customers and suppliers. Must have excellent problem and incident management skills as you will be required to work to company SLA’s in a challenging and pressurised environment. Must have attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills and good planning and organisational skills.
- You will act as the first point of escalation for the internal IT Support Engineers, across all sites, ensuring that a customer (internal and external) focused service is always delivered.
- To solve problems where viable or escalate and liaise with third parties as appropriate until resolution, ensuring that the business users are regularly informed, and the service desk is kept up-to date and open tickets to an absolute minimum.
- To proactively participate in the development of the services provided and procedures adopted by the team within a continuous improvement environment in order to meet and exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
- To monitor systems and proactively recognise and raise issues to the business and to the IT Manager where required.
- To maintain and update IT asset registers with a view to reviewing and replacing hardware and understanding business risk and budgeting.
- To maintain and update AD with a view to ensuring that all is in line with the current business user-base and requirements, and to ensure that licencing is kept appropriate and as cost effective as possible.
- To maintain and update the internal mobile phone holder list, with a view to ensuring that all is in line with the current business user-base and requirements, and to ensure that this is kept current and as cost effective as possible.
- To assist in the building of an Internal Knowledge base, which is thoroughly documented, covering all sites.
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the position as required. As you may be required to go to other sites in mid kent you must be able to drive and have own car.
If this role is the opportunity you are looking for and your ready for a new challenge then reach out today for a chat to discuss in more detail