The Role – IT Support Engineer
Fresh People are currently recruiting for an IT Support Engineer for their client a Fresh Produce Service provider based in Linton or Sittingbourne in Kent .Reporting into Lead Support Engineer the purpose of the role is to provide first and second line support to business users, providing a first port of call for all incidents relating to business software or infrastructure issues, ensuring issues are logged though the service desk with a view to resolving with `first fix` or escalating internally or to third parties where necessary.
Areas of management and documentation will include, but not limited to – users, incident, infrastructure, mobile devices, network, software and assets.
Candidate Qualifications and Skills:
Suitable candidates must have previous 1st and 2nd line support working with end end users, customers and suppliers managing any technical queries and issue they may have . Must have excellent problem and incident management skills as you will be required to work to company SLA’s in a challenging and pressurised environment. Must have attention to detail , excellent interpersonal skills , good planning ability flexible in thinking and approach with a drive for excellence
- To act as first line and second line of IT support to the business user community, this can include everything from new starters to network outages.
- To solve problems where viable or escalate and liaise with third parties as appropriate until resolution, ensuring that the business users are regularly informed and the service desk is kept up-to date.
- To provide a testing role including trialling, evaluating and deploying new equipment.
- To proactively participate in the development of the services provided and procedures adopted by the team within a continuous improvement environment in order to meet and exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
- To monitor systems and proactively recognise and raise issues to the business and to the IT manager where required.
- To maintain and update IT asset registers with a view to reviewing and replacing hardware and understanding business risk.
- To ensure all work, changes and deployments are fully documented and kept up-to date.
- To assist in the building of an Internal Knowledge base.
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the position as required. As you may be required to go to other sites in mid kent you must be able to drive and have own car.
If this role is the opportunity you are looking for and your ready for a new challenge then reach out today for a chat to discuss in more detail