The Role – Health & Safety Coordinator
Fresh People are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Coordinator for our client a Fresh Produce business based near Sittingbourne in Kent. The purpose of the role is to support the Health and Safety manager with the running of an efficient, compliant, and pro-active H&S function for an ambitious, rapidly growing, multi-cultural company.
Suitable candidates must have previously worked as a H&S coordinator or H&S advisor. Must be Microsoft Office proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word, be extremely organised with excellent communication and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail. IOSH Managing Safely Certificate would be required and the company would happily put you through NEBOSH
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Coordinate the development of risk assessments, audits and investigations as required.
- Support the implementation of the business H&S strategy plan.
- Support the production of relevant documentation and manage revision/review cycle to ensure continuous compliance.
- Support Health and Safety Training initiatives, identify training needs and deliver training solutions as required e.g., manual handling, safety briefings etc.
- Champion the safety spot and safety Sorted process.
- Deputise the Fresh Ideas and safety committee meetings.
- To identify short comings in policies, procedures, systems and ensure legal compliance – identify and implement remedial action to address issues.
- Produce reports as required so all employees are aware of present status, issues and areas of risk, improvements etc.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Take responsibility for actioning identified improvement activities.
- Maintain H&S systems to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Maintain H&S compliance records for sites.
- Monitor and analyse site safety performance and maintain appropriate records.
In the first instance if this roles fits your current experience then we would like to hear from you today for an immediate start