The Role – Commercial Accountant
Fresh People are currently recruiting for a Commercial Accountant part qualified CIMA or ACCA or QBE for our client a Fresh Produce Business based close to Maidstone in Kent . Reporting to the Finance Director, with a dotted line in to the commercial department, this role will be responsible for partnering the commercial team and supporting their decision making with reports and analysis. .
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail orientated Part- Qualified CIMA / ACCA Studier or QBE Commercial Accountant with advanced excel skills preferably from the Fresh Produce Industry or Food Manufacturing background with experience previously in a commercial accounting role, must have strong analytical skills , previously working in imports and trading would be advantageous as would having exposure to a Fresh Produce Business previously along with the ability to work to tight deadlines
The Role Requirements
- Responsibilities will include preparing weekly and monthly reports, and ensuring all commercial income and costs are accurately reported. Specific projects will also be designated to the job-holder
- Ensuring all controls and processes are adhered to.
- Overseeing the consignment tracker, maintaining control sheets, producing a variance analysis.
- Investigating discrepancies and leading the resolution of any errors, across the finance system and other data sources.
- Ensuring consignment tracker reconciles to finance system and packing sheets.
- Maintaining a claims control sheet, checking that all logged claims are received, liaising with Procurers to ensure all claims are recorded and sent to growers.
- Preparing weekly P&L reports, monitoring actual vs budget and forecast and investigating variances.
- Preparing weekly KPI reports to be shared across the business.
- Preparing rolling forecast across the business and leading the weekly review process
- Preparing and reviewing tender documents, assisting the Commercial team with the tender process.
- Preparation of gross margin budgets for the Imports business.
- Monitoring packing charges, checking invoices and rebates.
- Creating tools to assist the commercial team with decision making and reporting.
- Act as the key contact point for the finance department to both the commercial and procurement departments.
- Assist with external audit as required.
- Ad hoc projects and duties as required.
If you have the experience we are looking for and have had the exposure to previously working in Fresh Produce within a commercial role then we would like to hear from you today